Jan 16, 2019
As we set intentions for the new year, it is tempting to define
a rigid list of to-dos. To push ourselves to achieve certain
targets and pack our calendars with the massive action necessary to
reach our specific goals. But what if we left space for the
unexpected? What if the next BIG thing in our lives goes beyond
anything we can imagine?
What if we could do less, yet be more?
Today, we are taking the time to reflect on 2018 and plan for
the new year, sharing the individual and collective processes we
used to set our intentions for 2019. We walk you through our key
takeaways from the past year, discussing what we learned about
leaving space on our calendars and leveraging meditation to achieve
a new kind of clarity.
We explain how to reframe your goals in a way that focuses on
openness and reveal our personal themes for the new year. Finally,
we introduce you to the idea of a live visioning session,
explaining how talking with a partner as if the year is complete
can help you supercharge your aspirations for 2019. Listen in for a
list of questions you can use to reflect on the past 12 months and
learn to do less—and be more!
Themes explored in this week’s episode:
- Tegan’s powerful year of learning about service to others AND
- What Katie’s focus on gratitude taught her about being open to
- The value in leaving space for the unexpected
- Leveraging meditation to achieve clarity
- The individual and collective processes we used to reflect on
- How to reframe your goals to Do Less and Be More
- The questions we used to reflect on 2018 and plan for the new
- Tegan’s focus on strength in the coming year
- Katie’s attention to achieving presence through balance
- The significance of keeping commitments to yourself
- The power of a live visioning session to supercharge your
Questions for reflection and planning:
- What relationships, experiences, and tangible things are not
10s in my life? What do I want to change, do less of, or get rid of
as a result?
- What relationships are top priority for my presence?
- Who are the next-level people I want to surround myself
- How do I want to feel in 2019?
- What experiences do I want to have in 2019?
- At what condition am I at my best?
- What do I want to consume less of in 2019?
- What do I need to release this year?
- What do I want to create?
- What feels fun, light, and valuable? Why?
- What do I most believe about myself?
- I have faith that…
- What do I want to learn more about in 2019?
- How will you be your best this year?
Resources from this episode:
We would love to hear from you! Have an idea for a podcast or a
question you want us to address? Interested in additional support,
resources and workshops? Here are all the ways you can interact